Friday, December 16, 2011

Pevonia's Lumafirm Line

By now, you know that I am willing to try just about anything. This amazing product line came in the form of a mail-order sample, and as it was from one of my favorite brands, I was excited to try it. (I'm on so many skin care mailing lists, my husband thinks we should go into skin care witness protection just to stop getting the catalogs.)

Pevonia  came out with a great new line called "lumafirm" in April of this past year, and it was recieved with rave reviews. Personally, I tried just the sample kit, and had several people ask me if I had been getting more sleep lately. One woman even asked me if I was pregnant because she claimed I had "pregnancy glow!" It's not often you see instant results with a product, but this did seem to have an instant effect.

Lumafirm is touted by the brand as "freeze-dried technology" and to use the entire line, you need just two steps. The first is a a mud colored, free-dried disk called the Freeze-Dried At-Home Intensifer. Basically, you wash your face, and once you have a clean, damp face, you peel off the back of the disk, hold the disk by it's butterfly handle, and wipe it all over your face, neck, and décolleté. Once the disk is finished, wet your fingers and keep gently massaging your skin until the disk is totally absorped in your skin. The key here is to keep your skin nice and damp from beginning until the disk is absorbed. (And at $20 for a box of these, it's not a bad deal.)

The next step is to apply the lumafirm Repair Cream Lift & Glow. Use it like you would any other moisturizer, applying it to face, neck, and décolleté morning and night. You can use this cream without using the freeze-dried disks. However, step two is a bit more costly, as the costs $78 for a jar. Most boutique moisturizers will run you in this price range, and I do believe this to be a good one. However, you may want to start with the above mentioned sample kit, just to see if you like it, before investing.



For those who have never used Pevonia, it's a great brand that is great for people with sensitive skin or rosacea. You can order it online, or ask your dermatologist who carries it at a spa or boutique near you.

No comments:

Post a Comment